The links below take you to important resources for this project. The list of resources will grow as the project goes along. Please check back regularly to see the latest design ideas, data, presentations, summaries of community feedback, and other information that will inform the streetscape design.
Important project documents will be posted here as they become available.
City of Charlottesville Smart Scale Application
The Commonwealth of Virginia selected this project for funding through the state’s Smart Scale project selection process. The City’s application for Smart Scale includes background information about the project, describes the state-identified needs that it fulfills, and includes a cost estimate for the design and improvements. Emmet Street Corridor Streetscape and Intersections – SMART SCALE Webportal
Click here to view the right-of-way plans.
Meetings and Outreach Summaries
Emmet Streetscape Public Hearing – December 3, 2019
- Emmet Streetscape Plan View
- Emmet Streetscape Typical Sections
- Emmet Streetscape Project Furnishings
- Emmet Streetscape Project Landscape Palate
- Emmet Streetscape Level of Service
- Emmet Streetscape Multi-Modal Existing Conditions Board
- Emmet Streetscape Welcome
- Emmet Streetscape Brochure and Comment Form
- Emmet Streetscape Design Plans
- NEPA Document
City Council Public Hearing – February 4, 2019
Planning Commission Public Hearing – January 8, 2019
Planning Commission, Steering Committee, and PLACE Committee – December 2018
UVA Student Information Meeting – September 17, 2018
Steering Committee 2 – August 9, 2018
- Multimodal Corridor Analysis Report
- Multimodal Corridor Analysis Report Figures
- Multimodal Corridor Analysis Report Appendices
Community Information Meeting 1 – May 12, 2018
- Meeting Summary
- Board 1 – Welcome
- Board 2 – Connectivity Framework
- Board 3 – How do you use Emmet Street?
- Board 4 – How is Emmet Street working?
- Board 5 – Segments
- Board 6 – Queue Lengths
- Board 7 – Multimodal Existing Conditions
- Board 8 – Safety Conditions
- Board 9 – Multimodal Improvement Toolkit
- Board 10 – Design Principles
- Board 11 – Shared Use Path
- Board 12 – Visual Preferences Survey
Steering Committee 1 – April 18, 2018